Bangladesh is a developing country, that is why day by day increase the Banking transaction. At present Bangladesh have many Govy & private bank. So in this post today we wanna going to share How many banks have in Bangladesh. we will know the all bank list. Also, we will discuss about Top government & private bank list.
So if you are interested to know about how many banks have in Bangladesh, then please read today’s post carefully. If you want then we also provide all bank head office contact numbers.
How many Bank in Bangladesh
It is very difficult that share the exact bank number of Bangladesh. But we got some Wikipedia that at present the Scheduled banks are licensed under the Bank Company Act, 1991 (Amended up to 2013). Currently, there are 61 scheduled banks in Bangladesh. So now Bangladesh has a total 61 Bank all over the country. Do you want to get the 61 bank name list? if your answer is yes, then please check the below list, where we will share the all Bank list in Bangladesh.
List of Govt Banks in Bangladesh
Many people search on google for the Govt Bank list of Bangladesh.. So you also looking for this info then you could collect it from here. Now we will provide to you with the full List of Govt Banks in Bangladesh. If you are a Bangladesh citizen, then you should know the banking information.
There are 6 government commercial banks.
- Sonali Bank Limited
- Janata Bank Limited
- Agrani Bank Limited
- Rupali Bank Limited
- BASIC Bank Limited
- Bangladesh Development Bank Limited
The government of BD established Specialized Banks for specific objectives like industrial or agricultural development. They are under the scheduled bank.
There are 3 specialized banks in BD.
- Bangladesh Krishi Bank
- Rajshahi Krishi Unnayan Bank
- Probashi Kallyan Bank
Bangladeshi govt is operating those to perform specific functions or objectives.
There are three non-scheduled govt banks
They offer different services from scheduled banks.
- Ansar VDP Unnayan Bank
- Karmashangosthan Bank
- Palli Sanchay Bank
Top Private Bank in Bangladesh
1. HSBC Bank
- Revenue: BDT 8.75 billion (Statistics as of 2017)
- Net income: BDT 3.34 billion (Statistics as of 2017)
- Total assets: BDT 140.81 billion (Statistics as of 2017)
- Revenue: BDT 18.51 billion (As of 2017)
- Net income: BDT 2.46 billion (As of 2017)
- Total assets: BDT 311.91 billion (As of 2017)
- Revenue: BDT 32.03 billion (As of 2017)
- Net income: BDT 4.48 billion (As of 2017)
- Total assets: BDT 797.93 billion (As of 2017)
- Revenue- BDT 9.393 billion (As of 2018)
- Net income- 5.67 billion (As of 2018)
- Total assets- BDT 358.005 billion (As of 2018)
5. Standard Chartered Bank
- Net income- 12,825,927,113 (As of 2019)
- Total assets- 386,712,417,248 (As of 2019)
6. Prime Bank Limited
- Revenue: BDT 23.32 billion (As of 2016)
- Net income: BDT 2.61 billion (As of 2016)
- Total assets: BDT 779.6 billion (As of 2016)
7. Eastern Bank Ltd
- Net Income- BDT 7,424,305,072
- Total Assets- BDT 348,122,618,698
8. AB Bank Limited
- Net income- BDT 89.43 Million
- Total Assets- BDT 7431.89 Million
9. Grameen Bank
10. The City Bank
Thanks for reading this post. In this post, we will try to share the info about How many banks in Bangladesh. We hope that you could collect the all banking information from this article. Please share the post link to your friends, so that they also could find the Bangladesh Top 10 banking list.